Ewe Sew You Podcast Show Notes – 18th November 2018
Welcome to Ewe Sew You, I’m a knitter, sewist, weaver and teacher living and working in Buckinghamshire, UK.
I can be found online as follows:
YouTube: Ewe Sew You
Works in Progress
I’ve been actively working on 2 projects since the last video.
The Throwback by Andrea Mowry in Universal Yarns. This is a Worsted weight open cardigan with a colourwork yoke. I’m knitting on KnitPicks Interchangeables with 5mm tips for the stocking stitch, 5.5mm for the colourwork and 4.5mm for the rib as this is what gave me guage. Project Page linked below.
Latvian Mittens from a kit which I bought from LoveKnitting (link below) – other retailers will also have the Knit Like a Latvian kits. I am knitting on Hiya Hiya Steel DPNs in 1.5mm for the cuff and 2mm for the rest. I cast these on as part of the #blamedunderknitalong run by Caroline of the Knitting Vicariously podcast.
I received some navy and gold open knit fabric from Minerva Crafts in return for a blog post which I am planning to make in to a cardigan using Simplicity K8377 which was a cover gift with Sew magazine.
I am also planning to make the jacket from this months Craftine box, which is a subscription service available from https://www.craftinebox.co.uk
Whilst preparing for the #blamedunderknitalong I have been thinking about the knitting projects that are tempting me to cast on at the moment. Here is my current list until I get distracted again!
Knits for me!
- Sparkling Cider Hat by Voolenvine: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/voolenvine/sparkling-cider
- Julenatt Mystery Mittens by Skeindeer https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/julenatt
- Hjatland Fair Isle inspired socks by Skeindeer https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hjaltland
- Isbre Sweater by Skeindeer https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/isbre
- Flax Light by Tin Can Knits https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flax-light
- Drift by Kristen Finlay https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/drift-12
- Hoddie Shawl Cardigan by Susanne Sommer https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hoodie-shawl-cardigan
- Elton by Joji Locatelli https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elton-3
- Cumulus Cowl by Knitting Expat https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cumulus-cowl-4
- So Faded by Andrea Mowry https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/so-faded
- No frills by Petite Knits https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/no-frills-sweater
- Skumring by Skeindeer https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skumring-2
- Lots from The Knitter magazine http://www.theyarnloop.com/the-knitter
I’ve also put together a Ravelry bundle on Man Knits which you can find under the bundles tab in the Ewe Sew You group on Ravelry.
These are the podcasts I try to keep up with, there are others I dip in and out of:
- Cozy Up Knits https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4jZe10pTjipjVUXBFcMqJA
- Knitting Expat
- Skeindeer Knits https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGCn73njGSkdYRHpp9xiC9w
- Babbles Travelling Yarns (Grace O’Neill) https://www.youtube.com/user/vanawillemeil
- Voolenvine https://www.youtube.com/user/YarnGasmPodcast
- Fruity Knitting https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCry9BOQv1BhE5k9c9oHnxTw
- Knitting Vicariously (dunderknit) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPpyS5uDa89-REQAQu900RA
- Squirrel Pie Productions https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrX1rjnrWH-uyQqdqzI06ng
- LegacyKnitz Podcast (Legacy Fiber Artz) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP8CIrmBbFQTYG6c92AtzFA
- Salapaloosa Knits https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzbJgQvGt4LP8vlc9uBj0ZQ
- Not Quite Enough Yarn (Lesley Arnold-Hopkins) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4RKrk7jhkjKTvNe8-t_6Vw
- Stranded Podcast (AmyFlorence) https://www.youtube.com/user/amyflorence14
- Inside Number 23 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf75baDZnYUEWtz2O0gujYg
- Kittenish Behaviour https://www.youtube.com/user/ItsHandMadeByMoi
- Sew Pretty Kitty https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKorFtsLvsxywPWyVDBta6g
- The Fold Line https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgJc1-2o3Yij34HfY7P3B5Q
- Stitch Sisters https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuBcWWG0QvylWUsiJSsPxCw
- Lauren Guthrie https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7bzLhPxy6YsiC19P9kMnCw
- Tiny Fibre Studio https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiK7_kDFOX9nu9A1UONQJUA
- The Green Bean Podcast (Katie Green) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_wGR1F1piMOsqAcNTk5Clw
Non Craft, dip in and outable – audio podcasts:
- Stuff You Missed in History Class https://www.missedinhistory.com/podcasts
- Insert Name Here (all things geekery – I may be biased here as this is my cousin’s podcast!) https://player.fm/series/insert-name-here-2290630
If anyone has any recommendations for weaving podcasts please do let me know!